For two weeks we had to make four different 3D forms and their orthographic drawing, the configuration for the forms were predescribed. After reading all the configuration I thought okay it sounds to be easy, it is all about developing surfaces. But then while making the models I realized that few of the configurations were really hard to make a model. It was not a very basic form, instead we had to cut sections of some basic forms like prisms, cylinders and cuboids. Apart from that I enjoyed making a model for configuration which is shown below. Figuring out the height at each point to get that accurate slope of the section was interesting. It also helped me in improving my drafting speed.
In between doing these exercises of these four configurations, we had two more exercises to do. The first was a very interesting exercise. I had to dig out my childhood home from a 24 mm thick thermocol sheet. In this the plinths, columns, entrances, windows etc, were to be shown.
The other exercise was making orthographic drawings for my childhood home. It was hard to get the proportions right, as I don’t remember the exact measurements of the spaces. I had a vague idea about the places, as in I knew that the length of this room is longer than its breath, but mostly it was done by gauging and assuming few standards, like the doors were assumed to be 900 mm. Honestly as a child I never observed my house that precisely but as the drawing was made I realised that its design has some sense of grid and modulation.